Employment Inquiry Form
We Offer Great Opportunities
If you think you have what it takes to join our team please fill out the form below.
Chimney Technician / Masons
Hudson Valley Chimney Service
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
$37,000 – $95,000 a year – Full-time, Commission Available
Hudson Valley Chimney is Growing Our Team for both Chimney Technicians and Brick / Block Masons. Our culture is the best in our industry and our team outranks others. If you are interested you need to apply with one of the oldest, most experienced Chimney Service Company in the Hudson Valley. We are currently searching for a long term, career-minded individuals that are not afraid to learn and excel. If you are this person, we are looking for you! We offer PAID training and great benefits.
Position: Duties include but are not limited to:
For Entry Laborers
• Willingness to Learn
• Heavy Lifting
• Ambition to Advance
For Chimney Technician
• Inspect, evaluate and diagnose chimneys and appliances
• Write reports and estimates
• Chimney repairs, chimney crowns, repointing/tuckpointing, and flashing
• Sweep chimneys, fireplaces, and stoves
• Install chimney caps, chase covers, etc.
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Ability to work under Pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Chimney masonry rebuilding.
• Chimney masonry repairs
• Estimate and report writing
• Brick and Block
• Install Stainless Steel liners, stoves and fireplaces, and metal chimneys
• Heavy lifting and physical labor required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, we perform a driver’s license and background check. (We can talk if necessary).
• Must be punctual.
• Candidate must demonstrate first-class customer service, possess good communication skills, be well-spoken, and neat in appearance.
• Willingness to work late and on Saturdays when needed. We have lots of overtime
• Active participation in training, meetings and certifications
• Able to climb ladders, not be afraid of heights and be able to work on roofs
• Hardworking and a dedicated team player
• Dependable transportation, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record
• Social security card/be a US citizen
• Ability to pass a drug test and background check
• Be healthy and physically fit
• Mechanical aptitude
• Be a problem solver
• Be reliable and ethical
• HVAC, electrician, pest control or construction a plus
• Health insurance
• Retirement plan
• Friendly work environment
• Continuous paid training to aid in your advancement
• Health benefits
• Christmas bonus
• Paid birthday
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• 401 K- company sponsored
• Chimney: 2 years (Preferred)
• Masonry: 1 year (Preferred)
• Construction: 1 year (Required)
• Driver’s License (Required)
• United States (Required)
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Monday to Saturday